Monitoring of nutrition and health-related services in the Anganwadi centres will go hi-tech in Rajasthan during September, which will be observed as a “nutrition month”. With the mobile applications replacing the manual observation methods, smartphones will be supplied to all Anganwadi centres in the State to ensure success of nutrition programmes.Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje had announced in her Independence Day address on August 15 that September would be celebrated as a “nutrition month” to spread awareness about health and nutritional aspects of food in both urban and rural areas. The free milk distribution in schools for the students of Classes I to VIII along with the midday meals was also extended from three days to all days in the week.Orientation workshopAt an orientation workshop for the Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) officials here on Wednesday, several presentations were made on the activities to be taken up next month for strengthening primary health care of children and improving their nutritional standards. ICDS Director Sushma Arora said new strategies would ensure success of the National Nutrition Mission (NNM).The district-level officers of the connected departments, including Rural Development & Panchayati Raj, Medical & Health, Education, Water Resources and Sanitation, also attended the workshop. Roli Singh, Principal Secretary (Women & Child Development), said the results of new initiatives on the front of nutrition were very encouraging.The activities to be conducted at the district and block headquarters and in Anganwadi centres during September will connect nutrition with the development of human capital, earlier considered a burden. World Bank’s representative Arvind Singhal and UNICEF representative Nizamuddin Ahmed made suggestions for removal of systemic barriers.Rajasthan plans to implement NNM with a vision document for 2022, which is at present being formulated to ensure convergence of work by all stakeholders for improving nutrition levels of women and children and reducing under-nutrition and low birth weight by 2% each year.The NNM, approved by the Union Cabinet, will be implemented in 24 of the 33 districts in the State. The declaration of September as a “nutrition month” forms part of the strategies for addressing the issue of under-nutrition and stunting.
Three of the 22 students who died in the fire on Friday had appeared for the Class XII Board exams and cleared them comfortably, as per the results that were declared on Saturday.The students were identified as Yashvi Kevadiya, Mansi Varsani and Hasti Surani. “While Yashvi passed the exam with 67.75 percentile (C1 grade), Mansi received 52.03 percentile (C1 grade) and Hasti scored 69.39 percentile (B2 grade),” said Surat police spokesperson P.L. Chaudhari.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Tuesday asked the opposition leaders to accept their defeat in Lok Sabha elections instead of blaming the EVMs.He was replying to the resolution raised by the opposition last week and a challenge thrown by the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) MLA Jayant Patil to pass a resolution to conduct Assembly polls through ballot papers instead of electronic voting machines (EVM).In a reply to opposition leaders’ claim during the proceedings, Mr Fadnavis also rejected all the allegations of irregularities and graft against his colleagues. On the last day of Assembly session of the present government, and in his last speech, Mr. Fadnavis expressed confidence that he would be back after the elections in the same position.Mr. Patil reminded him that it is the people of the State who hold ultimate power to elect the government and said that he hopes they will vote for a better Chief Minister next time. “The opposition leaders must accept that they are defeated in the Lok Sabha elections due to their own deeds. The people of this country have rejected them and it is a bitter but important truth,” said Mr. Fadnavis.Recalling how he and his party too had fallen for a similar trap, Mr. Fadnavis said, “Someone had told me some years back that ballot papers with yellow colours were used as a part of bogus voting. We had gone to Bombay High Court and Supreme Court as well and we failed, because we refused to accept that we have been defeated by the people.”Mr. Fadnavis also referred to a challenge thrown by the Election Commission of India (ECI), where representatives of NCP and CPI (M) had attended. “Representatives of both the parties then had claimed that they were there to understand the procedure and not to challenge the EVMs,” he said.
A. Sánchez Alexis Sanchez given 16-month prison sentence for tax fraud Goal Last updated 1 year ago 19:10 2/7/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(32) Getty Images A. Sánchez Manchester United Premier League Spanish law states that the 29-year-old will not have to spend any time in jail and he has agreed to pay the money he owes with interest Alexis Sanchez has accepted a 16-month prison sentence for committing tax fraud during his time at Barcelona, although he will not spend time in jail.The Manchester United forward was accused of defrauding the treasury of €1 million between 2012 and 2013, relating to income from his image rights.Sanchez has, however, reached an agreement with the prosecutor to pay the money he owes with interest. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player Despite the verdict, the Chilean will not spend time in prison as he is a first offender and the sentence is less than two years – which crucially, in Spanish law, prohibits jail time.The ex-Arsenal star is the latest football figure to be punished by Spanish prosecutors for an apparent dodging of taxes.Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Jose Mourinho and Ricardo Carvalho have all been pursued by the authorities recently.Barcelona star Messi was handed a 21-month jail term in 2016, but managed to exchange it for a €250,000 fine last year, while Mourinho paid to settle his and Carvalho was given a fine and a seven-month sentence.Real Madrid forward Ronaldo, meanwhile, was accused of owing €14.7m but has protested his innocence in an ongoing case.Alexis joined Barcelona from Udinese in 2011 and spent three years with the Catalan side, winning a Liga title as well as the Club World Cup under the guidance of Pep Guardiola.He left to join Arsenal in 2014 and starred for Arsene Wenger’s team until making the shock move to Old Trafford in January in a swap deal for Henrikh Mkhitaryan, despite it having appeared he would be joining Manchester City.The 29-year-old has made three appearances for Mourinho’s side so far, scoring his first goal for his new club in Saturday’s 2-0 win over Huddersfield Town.The Red Devils are currently 13 points behind leaders City after 26 matches and return to action on Sunday when they visit Newcastle United.
Consumer ad pages fell for the ninth out of 10 quarters since the Publishers InformationBureau began reporting on a quarterly basis in mid-2007, according to the group’slatest figures, released late Friday.During the third quarter 2009, pages fell 26.6 percent compared to the same period last year. Estimated ad revenues for the third quarter closed at $4.53 billion, down 18.6 percent.Ad pages increased 0.1 percent increase during the final three months of 2007, according to PIB. Through the first nine months of 2009, ad pages dropped 27.2 percent compared to the same period in 2008. Estimated ad revenue, meanwhile, decreased 20.3 percent to $13.66 billion.Of the 12 advertising categories tracked by PIB, Food & Food Products saw an increase in ad pages—3.9 percent compared to the same period last year. Automotive (-46.1 percent) and Financial, Insurance and Real Estate (-43.1) continued to see the biggest ad page losses.“Those gains [in Food and Food Products] suggest that marketers are adjusting their approach to economic conditions, for example, by trying to appeal to consumers who are choosing to dine and entertain at home,” Magazine Publishers of America executive vice president and CMO Ellen Oppenheim said in a statement.Fiften magazines during the third quarter reported ad page declines of 50 percent or greater. U.S. News & World Report—the former newsweekly that went to biweekly then to monthly circulation—saw the steepest declines, falling 91.2 percent to 27 ad pages, compared to 305.93 during the same period last year. Sport Fishing saw ad pages fall 73.6 percent and Sound & Vision’s pages fell 61.1 percent during the period.National Geographic Kids was the biggest gainer during the period, with pages increasing 76.3 percent. Rounding out the top three were AMI’s Country Weekly (42.5 percent) and Family Circle (31.5). Other notable gainers include Saturday Evening Post (22.8 percent), Scholastic Parent & Child (16.8), OK! (13.5), The Week (12.8) and Life & Style (8.4).Through the third quarter, U.S. News & World Report saw pages decline 75.6 percent. A number of boating magazines also had a difficult first nine months, including Power Cruising (-85.3 percent), Boating Life (-63.1), Power & Motoryacht (-56) and Boating (-50.6).In October, Condé Nast shuttered four magazines which all saw significant losses through the first three quarters: Cookie (-18.2 percent), Elegant Bride (-39.2), Modern Bride (-24.2) and long-running Gourmet (-44.4).The biggest gainers through the first nine months included Country Weekly (18 percent), OK! (15.5) and Family Circle (15.4).
IBTimes VideoRelated VideosMore videos Play VideoPlayMute0:00/0:00Loaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVE0:00?Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio TrackFullscreenThis is a modal window.The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window. COPY LINKAD Loading … Close Telcos in India created panic among mobile users when they decided to disconnect incoming calls with low balance. With that, users started looking for the best prepaid plans with incoming and outgoing calling facility to avoid disruption. For subscribers with two SIM cards, one mainly for data purposes, finding affordable calling plans can be a challenging task.Reliance Jio offers the best data plans, and most users use Jio SIM card as a secondary one in addition to Airtel or Vodafone. So finding just voice call plans that even extend the validity of incoming calls on the primary number makes sense for many.Most telcos offer exciting plans that fulfil various needs of subscribers, including daily high-speed data, unlimited calls and texts. Below you can find the best long-term prepaid calling plans from all major carriers in India, so you do not have to lose your primary number to temporary suspension.AirtelShortly after suspending incoming calls for not maintaining a minimum balance, Airtel introduced Rs 100 and Rs 500 plans that offer lifetime incoming validity alongside 28 days outgoing validity. With the recharge Rs 100, subscribers get Rs 81.75 talk time and with Rs 500, Airtel offers Rs 420 worth talk time. Both these plans do not offer any data benefits, for which users can look at the wide range of prepaid plans at easy disposal. Airtel prepaid plansDIBYANGSHU SARKAR/AFP/Getty ImagesVodafone IdeaLike Airtel, Vodafone has plenty of prepaid plans to suit different needs of subscribers. For those who are more focused on calling than data, there’s a new Rs 999 tariff, which gives subscribers unlimited voice calling, 100 SMS per day and 12GB data for a period of one year. This plan is valid only in Punjab circle, but it’s only a matter of time before Vodafone rolls out to other regions.Separately, Vodafone has Rs 597 plan that gives users 10GB data, 100 SMS per day and unlimited calling for a period of 112 days and the same plan for feature phones extends the validity to 168 days. Vodafone prepaid plansReuters/file photoFor a wide range of prepaid plans with unlimited calls, data and more, visit Vodafone’s official website.BSNLSeeing the competition up to the game, BSNL also rolled out a new prepaid plan focused on voice calls. The state-run telco is offering unlimited local, STD and roaming call for a period of six months with the recharge of Rs 599.Reliance JioReliance Jio doesn’t have a prepaid plan that focuses solely on calls. But the cheap tariffs bundle calls and data and still manages to compete with rivals. There are several long-term prepaid plans under Jio, but the best ones are for Rs 399 with 84 days validity, 1.5GB data per day and Rs 1,699 with one-year validity and 1.5GB data per day. Subscribers can look for various offers with 2GB data per day and up to 5GB data per day. Airtel vs Reliance Jio: Which network is faster in India?
Oil prices dipped in early Asian trade on Monday as rising production in the Middle East outweighed falling U.S. output and the recent slide in the dollar, which has been supporting crude.Brent futures LCOc1 were trading at $47.05 per barrel at 0028 GMT on Monday, down 32 cents from their last settlement. U.S. crude CLc1 was down 28 cents at $45.64 a barrel.Analysts said rising output from the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and especially the Middle East was outweighing supportive factors such as an ongoing, albeit slow, fall in U.S. output and a sliding dollar, which makes it cheaper for countries using other currencies to import dollar-traded fuel.”The weaker dollar failed to excite investors in the crude oil markets,” ANZ bank said, citing a rise in OPEC-output as the main downward driver for prices.The dollar has fallen over 6 percent this year against a basket of other leading currencies .French bank BNP Paribas said that a recent oil rally, with prices jumping almost a third since April, was largely driven by sentiment and lacked physical fundamentals.”The recent rally in oil prices appears to have little to do with fundamentals,” it said.”We see the recent rally as sowing the seeds of its own demise, and extending our recommendation to protect against short-term downside risk.”OPEC-supplies rose to 32.64 million barrels per day (bpd) in April, from 32.47 million bpd in March, according to a Reuters survey based on shipping data and information from sources at oil companies, OPEC and consultants.That almost matches January’s 32.65 million bpd, when Indonesia’s return to OPEC boosted production to records.Despite Monday’s lower prices, other analysts are growing confident that a near-two-year rout in oil has ended, and many have raised their price forecasts.The chief of the International Energy Agency (IEA) said oil prices may have bottomed out, providing the health of the global economy does not pose a concern.”In a normal economic environment, we will see the price direction is rather upwards than downwards,” IEA Executive Director Fatih Birol said on Sunday.Non-OPEC output is set to fall by more than 700,000 bpd this year, the biggest decline in around 20 years, he said.With global oil demand seen growing by 1.2 million bpd this year, the draw in global stockpiles will start soon, helping push up prices, he said.