Register to rock the closed streets of the Nation’s Capital on March 12, 2016 at Rock ‘n’ Roll DC Marathon and 12 Marathon.Check out a few of our favorite reason’s to rock ‘n’ run DC this March:1) MedalsThis year’s finisher’s medals are MONEY. Run the Full, Half or 5K distance and you’ll earn this awesome bling to commemorate your accomplishment!2) Bands on CourseRock your way around the Nation’s Capital with live entertainment on course, keeping you pumped the entire way! Don’t forget the finish line festival headliner concert, with this year’s headliner Tower of Power.3) Historic Monuments Along CourseCheck out the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Reflecting Pool, and White House along course!4) BeerToast to your accomplishments with a complimentary ice cold brew once you cross the finish line!Need another reason to join us on March 12, 2016? Register before the 2/1 price increase with code SPRING16 and save $10 on the half or full marathon!REGISTER NOW Congrats to everyone who ROCKED #RnRDC!Posted by Rock ’n’ Roll DC on Saturday, March 14, 2015
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison said that he would not be intimidated or give into coercion when asked on Thursday whether Australia would keep taking hits on exports from major trading partner China.Diplomatic tensions between China and Australia have worsened after Australia called for an international inquiry into the source and spread of the coronavirus, angering Beijing.The World Health Assembly last month voted to support an independent review into the pandemic after Australia and the European Union led lobbying. In both cases, officials in Beijing said the warnings were due to racist attacks against Asians during the pandemic.”That’s rubbish. It’s a ridiculous assertion and it’s rejected. That’s not a statement that’s been made by the Chinese leadership,” Morrison said in a separate interview on 3AW.Australia lodged a protest with the Chinese foreign ministry in Beijing, and the Chinese embassy in Canberra, about China’s travel and student warnings, said a spokesman for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.The Australian government rejected the assertion it was unsafe to visit or study in Australia, a statement said.”Australia provides the best education and tourism products in the world,” Morrison told 2GB. “The ability for Chinese nationals to be able to choose to come to Australia [has] substantively been their decision. And I’m very confident in the attractiveness of our product.”The coalition representing Australia’s elite universities, the Group of Eight, has said international education was “being used as a political pawn”. China is Australia’s largest trading partner, with two-way trade worth A$235 billion a year. Topics : On Tuesday, China’s Ministry of Education said students should reconsider choosing to study in Australia, threatening Australia’s fourth-largest export industry, international education, worth A$38 billion ($26 billion) annually.”We are an open-trading nation, mate, but I’m never going to trade our values in response to coercion from wherever it comes,” Morrison told radio station 2GB on Thursday.China has in recent weeks banned Australian beef imports and imposed tariffs on Australian barley.The warning for students followed a similar warning last week from Beijing for Chinese tourists to avoid Australia.
Loading… Wembley will host the semi-finals and final of Euro 2020 They were hugely impressive in qualifying, but since then injuries and a loss of form to key players have raised some doubts.Harry Kane and Marcus Rashford could miss the rest of the season with their clubs due to long-term hamstring and back injuries respectively, while Raheem Sterling has yet to score in 2020.Southgate, who will attend the draw for the next UEFA Nations League in Amsterdam on Tuesday, also has a big call to make in goal with Everton’s Jordan Pickford struggling for form.One of the few leading nations who will not host matches, World Cup holders France also have problems, with Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante’s season notably ravaged by injuries. This Wednesday marks 100 days to go until the start of Euro 2020, but as preparations are fine-tuned for the first European Championship to be played across the continent, the coronavirus outbreak could pose a potentially serious threat to the tournament itself. This Wednesday marks 100 days to go until the start of Euro 2020 The decision to stage the second 24-team Euros in 12 different cities in 12 different nations, from as far apart as Baku to Dublin and Glasgow to Rome, was certainly an ambitious move. UEFA say all venues and transport links are ready, that demand for tickets is through the roof, and there are no obvious security worries. Except for the coronavirus outbreak, with its unknown potential consequences, which could cast a shadow over the entire event. Most matches in Italy’s Serie A were called off at the weekend with the country the hardest hit by the outbreak in Europe, with 52 deaths and more than 2,000 cases as of Monday. Meanwhile, neighbouring Switzerland – with 24 confirmed cases – on Monday announced the postponement of all games in its top two divisions until the end of March.Advertisement Read Also: Inter Milan in talks with Tottenham defender VertonghenFrance are in the same group as Germany, who are hoping to bounce back from their 2018 World Cup disaster with a squad that has been considerably freshened up.While Spain look to rediscover the form that allowed them to win back to back Euros in 2008 and 2012, holders Portugal will hope to get one last song out of the 35-year-old Cristiano Ronaldo.Meanwhile, Belgium and a rejuvenated Netherlands – who will play group games in Amsterdam – may fancy their chances of going all the way.Of the 24 qualifying spots, the last four will be decided by the Nations League play-offs later this month.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The opening match is due to take place in Rome on Friday, June 12, with Italy facing Turkey.UEFA says it has received more than 28 million requests for match tickets, a figure it says is more than double the number for Euro 2016.However, if the outbreak continues to spread, some fans may think twice about travelling to games, even if everything is ready to welcome them.Of the 12 venues, only the Puskas Arena in Budapest has been newly built, the stadium in the Hungarian capital officially opening in November. Wembley in London will be the venue for the semi-finals and final.– How the favourites are shaping up –On the field, the carrot of playing in the final on home turf is dangling over England, with Gareth Southgate’s side among the tournament favourites.Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane (R) is currently out injured and his fitness is a concern for England ahead of the tournament “The health of persons is much more important than any football game,” insisted FIFA president Gianni Infantino at the weekend. “I think we all hope that this can be contained, but of course we will take advice, but it’s got to be health first, sport second,” Football Association of Wales chief executive Jonathan Ford told the UK’s Press Association. Wales are due to play Italy in Rome at the Euros. The coronavirus crisis was raised at an executive committee meeting of European football’s governing body in Amsterdam on Monday, but UEFA is remaining calm over the possible repercussions for Euro 2020. “UEFA is in touch with the relevant international and local authorities regarding the Coronavirus and its development,” it told AFP. “For the moment, there is no need to change anything in the planned timetable. The issue will be kept under constant scrutiny.” Promoted Content10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do8 Most Expensive (And Surprising Things) Keanu Reeves Ever Bought6 Most Unforgettable Bridges In The WorldWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?Cristiano Ronaldo Turns His Hotels Into Coronavirus Hospitals?Couples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More7 Of The Best Top Models From India7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better12 Celebrities Who Almost Ruined Their Careers With One Movie
Not even a gutsy 2-1 loss away to Sevilla in the first leg of a Champions League last 16 tie on Wednesday was enough to spare Ranieri, 65, the sack, even though the statement from Thai-owned Leicester confirming his departure from the King Power Stadium proclaimed him the club’s “most successful manager”.“Leicester City Football Club has tonight (Thursday) parted company with its first-team manager, Claudio Ranieri,” said the statement.“Claudio, appointed City manager in July 2015, led the Foxes to the greatest triumph in the club’s 133-year history last season, as we were crowned champions of England for the first time. His status as the most successful Leicester City manager of all time is without question.”Leicester though have won just five of their 25 league games this term and are yet to score a league goal in 2017, having also been knocked out of the FA Cup by third-tier Millwall.“However, domestic results in the current campaign have placed the club’s Premier League status under threat and the board reluctantly feels that a change of leadership, while admittedly painful, is necessary in the club’s greatest interest,” the club statement added.Leicester vice-chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha said ditching Ranieri had been the hardest decision the current owners had made but one they had to take when, with 13 games left to play, there was still a chance of Premier League survival.“This has been the most difficult decision we have had to make in nearly seven years since King Power took ownership of Leicester City,” he said.“Claudio has brought outstanding qualities to his office. His skilful management, powers of motivation and measured approach have been reflective of the rich experience we always knew he would bring to Leicester City.“His warmth, charm and charisma have helped transform perceptions of the club and develop its profile on a global scale. We will forever be grateful to him for what he has helped us to achieve.“It was never our expectation that the extraordinary feats of last season should be replicated this season. Indeed, survival in the Premier League was our first and only target at the start of the campaign.“But we are now faced with a fight to reach that objective and feel a change is necessary to maximise the opportunity presented by the final 13 games.”Former Leicester and England striker Gary Lineker, now a television football presenter, reacted to Ranieri’s exit by tweeting: “After all that Claudio Ranieri has done for Leicester City, to sack him now is inexplicable, unforgivable and gut-wrenchingly sad.”Leicester’s title success came after they narrowly avoided relegation under former manager Nigel Pearson.But they have not won in their last nine matches in all competitions since a 2-1 FA Cup success at Everton on January 7, with their last league victory a 1-0 win over West Ham on December 31.Assistant manager Craig Shakespeare and Mike Stowell will take caretaker charge ahead of Monday’s match against Liverpool.Guus Hiddink, who helped arrest Chelsea’s decline last season when they suffered a slump immediately after winning the title, was installed as the 6/1 favourite by British bookmaker William Hill to replace Ranieri.Hills made Republic of Ireland manager Martin O’Neill, who enjoyed success as Leicester manager from 1995-2000, the 8/1 second-favourite.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Claudio Ranieri has been sacked as manager of Leicester City just months after leading the club to a remarkable Premier League title triumph, the Midlands side announced late yesterday.The Italian’s position has come under intense scrutiny this season during a slump that has left the Foxes just a point above the relegation zone.That follows their startling title triumph, with Leicester 5 000/1 no-hopers before the start of the 2015/16 season.
He acknowledges that Lolita looks healthy, but has been trying to repatriate Lolita to her home waters in the Pacific Northwest. To that end, Garrett reiterates his call for Lolita’s release from the Seaquarium.“It makes us angry, it makes us sad,” Garrett says after seeing images of Lolita in a small tank at the Seaquarium. “It just makes us want to bring her home.”Orca Network executive director Susan Berta explains that the group has been holding vigils to mark Lolita’s capture for decades.“Of course, this year is different,” she says, adding that the virtual event allowed more people to participate.Among those who appeared in the video were Native Americans from the Lummi nation. They hold orcas sacred and are calling for the the release and return of Tokitae to her home aters.However, the Seaquarium says Lolita is best cared for in their hands.In an email to The Seattle Times last week, curator emeritus Robert Rose said the care Lolita has received at the Seaquarium for five decades is a “testament to the excellent care she receives daily from our animal and veterinary care staff.”Rose said relocating Lolita to the Pacific Northwest could endanger her. He also advised the activists to concern themselves with the addressing the plight of the critically endangered Southern Residents. Orca activists in Washington State on Saturday held a three-hour Zoom gathering in order to mark the 50th anniversary of Miami Seaquarium killer whale Lolita’s capture.Lolita, who had been named Tokitae by Native Americans, was estimated to be four years old on Aug. 8, 1970, when her captors in planes and boats used explosives to round up her family pod in the shallow waters of Penn Cove in Puget Sound, northwest of Seattle.The orcas were encircled with nets, at which point the men used sticks to separate the youngest orcas from their mothers.Five of the orcas drowned in the process, while a total of six other young orcas, including Lolita, were taken.It is believed that during the 1960s and 1970s, roughly four dozen South Resident orcas were captured and sold to marine parks.Washington State outlawed the capture and trade of orcas in its waters in 1976.Lolita is the only captured Southern Resident orca that is still alive.“It’s momentous, it’s amazing that she is still there, still alive,” says Howard Garrett, co-founder of Orca Network.