ISLAMABAD (AP): Former Pakistan captain Salman Butt smashed a century and fast bowler Mohammad Asif took two wickets as the convicted spot-fixers made their first appearance yesterday in competitive cricket after being away for more than five years. Butt scored 135 off 143 balls with 14 fours while Asif took 2-22 as they led the Water and Power Development Authority to a convincing 141-run victory over Federally Administered Tribal Areas in a one-day cup match in Hyderabad. “I hope that this is the new beginning,” Butt said. “As long as I will get more matches, I will improve.” Rehabilitation Both players were eligible to compete from last September when their bans ended but first had to go through the Pakistan Cricket Board’s rehabilitation programme. Asif, Butt and fast bowler Mohammad Amir were banned for at least five years for deliberate no-balls at a 2010 Test match against England. Butt was captain of the team for the Lord’s Test. Amir pleaded guilty from the onset, which accelerated the left-arm fast bowler’s return to the national team, Butt and Asif went on to challenge the bans until their appeals were rejected by the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Responsibility accepted Both players ultimately accepted their responsibility before the ICC lifted their bans. The PCB agreed a six-month rehabilitation programme for the duo that included lectures to younger cricketers on anti-corruption before allowing them to compete in domestic matches. “I am very relaxed, the toughest phase of my life is over,” Asif said. “This one-day tournament will help me gauge where I stand … International cricket is my target but I have to do well in the domestic matches before I can hope (for) international cricket.” Pakistan coach Waqar Younis said last week that, if they perform well in domestic matches, both players deserve another chance in international cricket.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, January 21, 2018 – Nassau – Prime Minister, Dr. the Hon. Hubert Minnis, centre, Speaker of the House of Assembly, the Hon. Halson Moultrie, right, and Leader of the Opposition the Hon. Philip Davis, third from right, along with other House of Assembly members, pictured, participate in a church service for parliamentarians at Church of God Cathedral, Lily of the Valley Corner, on Wednesday morning, January 17, 2018.(BIS Photo/Peter Ramsay) Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:
Ganguly is currently busy working as a commentator at the ongoing Cricket World Cup in England. Even as a commentator, he has captured a million hearts, and the ‘God of Offside’ is emerging as the ‘God of commentary’ over the last few years. Nirmal NarayananSourav Ganguly, the man who taught the Indian cricket team to dream high, celebrates his 47th birthday on June 08, 2019. Even though he retired from international cricket 11 years back, Sourav continues to be a role model for cricket lovers, and he still boasts of a huge fan following across the nation.Ganguly fans in Kerala celebrated the former Indian skipper’s birthday at Pratheeksha rehabilitation center in Kothamangalam. His fans, under the leadership of Shaukath Ali, an ardent Dada follower, visited the center and spent hours with them following a cake cutting ceremony.”Since my childhood, I have been an ardent fan of Sourav Ganguly. Even after his retirement, I continue as a Dada fan and will be the same forever. As you all know, once a Gangulian, always a Gangulian. There are several factors that made me a fan of Dada. His aggression, determination, and moreover, he is the one who taught the Indian team to chase dreams. He showed to the world that Indian team is capable of anything and everything. Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Virat Kohli walked through that broad path created by Dada. I love you SG,” said Shaukath Ali.Fans of the ‘Prince of Kolkata’ also donated an undisclosed sum to the rehabilitation center for their activities. Authorities of the center thanked Shaukath Ali and his team for such a noble act in the name of the former Indian cricketer.Several Malayalam film personalities also conveyed their birthday wishes to the cricket legend. Mollywood Superstar Mohanlal, Action King Suresh Gopi, Unni Mukundan and director Arun Gopy posted birthday wishes to Ganguly on their social media pages.
The Associated PressKansas Gov. Jeff Colyer has called on a White county official to resign after the official said at a public meeting that he belongs to “the master race.”Leavenworth County Commissioner Louis Klemp cited the master race — the Nazi ideology of Aryan supremacy — at a board meeting Nov. 13 while responding to a presentation by a Black official, Triveece Penelton, on road development options in Tonganoxie, just west of Kansas City.This image made from a Nov. 13, 2018 video of Leavenworth County Board of County Commissioners meeting shows a white county commissioner Louis Klemp of Leavenworth County in northeast Kansas, second from top right, saying he belongs to “the master race” as he critiqued a land-use proposal by a black city planner Triveece Penelton, left, at a board meeting in Leavenworth, Kan. Klemp cited the Nazi ideology of Aryan supremacy Tuesday in response to Triveece Penelton’s presentation on road development in Tonganoxie, just west of Kansas City, and rejected her proposed development plan. Commissioners Robert Holland and Doug Smith called on Klemp to resign before his term ends Jan. 15. (Board of Leavenworth County Commissioners via AP)Colyer, a Republican, says in a statement Nov. 17 that the remark was unacceptable. He says: “Racial and discriminative language have no place in our society and most especially when spoken by someone holding public office.”Some members of the county commission also have called on Klemp to resign.Klemp, who was appointed to fill a Republican vacancy, told KSHB-TV off camera that his comment was a joke.
Free Webinar | Sept. 9: The Entrepreneur’s Playbook for Going Global 2 min read Growing a business sometimes requires thinking outside the box. Upcoming bracelets with technology from Intel Corp and design cues from fashion brand Opening Ceremony will connect the wearer with Facebook, Google and Yelp via an AT&T data plan without having to carry a smartphone.Called My Intelligent Communication Accessory, or MICA, the snakeskin bracelets are aimed at fashion-conscious women and are an attempt by the two companies to stand out in a growing field of often-clunky smartwatches and fitness brands that have yet to catch on widely with consumers.”We really approached this first and foremost about why would a woman want to wear this everyday, and how can it be incorporated into her wardrobe,” Humberto Leon, creative director at Opening Ceremony, said in a phone interview last week.As well as lapis stones, obsidian and an 18k gold coating, the devices include a sapphire curved screen on the inside of the wrist that displays text messages, calendar items and events from Google and Facebook, and recommendations of nearby restaurants and stores from Yelp.After Intel was late to smartphones and tablets in recent years, Chief Executive Brian Krzanich has been determined to make sure the top chipmaker is at the forefront of future trends in mobile computing.Krzanich gave the green light for the chipmaker to develop the bracelet with Opening Ceremony after his wife wore a prototype for several days and liked it, he recently said.Incoming alerts discreetly vibrate the bracelet instead of making a noise. Its $495 price tag includes a two-year data plan with AT&T, which means it does not rely on a smartphone for connectivity, as do most smartwatches, the companies said in a press release on Monday.As well as working with Opening Ceremony, Intel in March bought fitness bracelet maker Basis Science and it has teamed up with watch retailer Fossil Group to develop other wearable computing devices.The bracelets, which Intel says have a battery life up to two days, will be sold starting by early December through Opening Ceremony and Barney’s upscale department stores.(Reporting by Noel Randewich; Editing by Tom Brown) This story originally appeared on Reuters November 18, 2014 Register Now »
Police search for missing woman Driver named following fatal collision Dad slams ‘disgusting’ hospital window Get the biggest Daily stories by emailSubscribeSee our privacy noticeThank you for subscribingSee our privacy noticeCould not subscribe, try again laterInvalid EmailEmergency services are at the scene of a ‘serious accident’ that has left a road closed in Stoke-on-Trent this morning (Saturday July 13). The A5935 Trentham Road in Dresden is shut near the junction with Belgrave Road tonight according to traffic data company Inrix, which is describing the collision as serious. Police have confirmed the road is closed. A Staffordshire Police spokesman said: “Road closure A50 roundabout to Queens Park Avenue Longton. Emergency services on scene please consider alternative routes. Updates to follow.” The accident was first reported shortly after midnight. We have no further information on the vehicles involved at this stage. We will bring you an update on this story when one becomes available. Read MoreTop stories on StokeonTrentLive Punter found hiding in bushes Follow StokeonTrentLive Download our app – You can download our free app for iPhone and iPad from Apple’s App Store , or get the Android version from Google Play . Follow StokeonTrentLive on Facebook – Like our Facebook page to get the latest news in your feed and join in the lively discussions in the comments. Click here to give it a like! Follow us on Twitter – For breaking news and the latest stories, click here to follow SOTLive on Twitter . Follow us on Instagram – Featuring pictures past and present from across Stoke-on-Trent, North Staffordshire & South Cheshire – and if you tag us in your posts, we could repost your picture on our page! We also put the latest news in our Instagram Stories. Click here to follow StokeonTrentLive on Instagram .